GRAPHISOFT SA is proud to announce the FREE exchange program of WIBU dongles to CODEMETER dongles for all it’s SSA clients in SADC.
The dongle exchange is aimed at replacing all WIBU dongles used by SSA clients in SADC, as these dongles offer limited programming flexibility and most importantly, these dongles will not be compatible with future versions of ArchiCAD.
To identify these dongles, refer to the image on the left, showing the 3 varieties of these dongles used in SADC since 2000. Once you have identified that your dongle should be replaced, you can visit the online programming and dongle information page, to retrieve your dongle information and speed up your replacement application by following the steps below (please note that you should not initiate any online replacement procedures yourself, unless instructed to do so by GRAPHISOFT SA one of it’s resellers):
- visit the website, with your dongle plugged into your computer, the web address is https://upgrade.graphisoft.com
- once at the site, follow the on screen prompts to load any necessary JAVA updates, until you reach a screen that shows your dongle number and below the information of your dongle, take a screenshot of this information (refer to the following 2 screenshots below to verify that you are on the correct site)
- provide the screenshot of your dongle information to your local reseller, to start your replacement application, information of your local reseller or GRAPHISOFT SA office is available on the following 3 links:
- once you have send a screenshot of your dongle information to your local reseller or GRAPHISOFT SA office, you will receive precise instructions on the exchange process, until then, DO NOT attempt any online “CHANGE TO CODEMETER” activities, even though there is such a function available on the website
- you can expect a call from your reseller or GRAPHISOFT SA office, inviting you to visit their office, bringing your old WIBU dongle in for replacement, please note that no replacement will be possible if you cannot provide your old WIBU dongle
- you will be issued a new CODEMETER dongle, which looks like the image on the right, this dongle will be issued to you fully programmed at the time of replacement at the reseller or GRAPHISOFT SA office
- PLEASE NOTE that the new Codemeter dongle will require the installation of new CODEMETER drivers, these will be issued to you by your reseller at the time of replacement, WITHOUT THESE DRIVERS YOUR NEW CODEMETER DONGLE WILL NOT FUNCTION
TIME FRAME FOR EXCHANGE:
The FREE exchange program is valid for all SSA clients in SADC, until 15 June 2013. Please take this opportunity to timeously exchange your dongle and update your drivers, to ensure that you may benefit from future updates of ArchiCAD!