ArchiCAD 17 – new feature: Library Parts & Objects Enhancements
General Library Developments
- To speed navigation among objects, similar library parts have been merged, while retaining all their parameters
- Some objects have been renamed to eliminate confusing abbreviations
- A new criterion allows library parts to be scheduled based on the name of the subtype they originate from
The Coordinate Dimension object now has a 3D appearance, so that you can easily place it on the target point by using gravity.
Stairs and Railings
New 2D appearance for stairs and simple railings, similar to those created by Stair Maker: new options to show rail or carriage on Floor Plan.
- Roof elements used by RoofMaker have a new graphical user interface for easier parameter setting. Story sensitive floor plan display is also available.
- Lumber Cut Size and Rounded Lumber Size values are calculated automatically and displayed in the parameters with the same names. They can be listed with the new schedule scheme called Roof Construction (included in the INT template and in selected local versions).
- Subtype-based schedule scheme for Roof construction elements can be created.
New Object: Multileader Label Symbol
New multileader label object can be placed on the Floor Plan. Similar to the existing independent label, this one can have several leaders.
Dimension Label Includes Elevation Data
- The Dimension label can display an element’s bottom and top elevation
- The label was improved with a user interface for better transparency
More Flexible Zone Stamp Data Display
For Zone Stamp 2 and local stamps:
- Customize display order of data within the Zone Stamp
- Show height values individually
- Latest library developments significantly improve usability of several annotation elements
- Working with zones, labels and coordinate dimensions is more intuitive and efficient
General door/window developments
Improved Placement of Doors/Windows
- As part of the improved workflow for Door/Window placement, the Opening Direction parameter has been eliminated: new feedback clarifies the inside/outside and reveal side parameters
- Door/Window Marker functions are more consistent
- Opening Orientation is shown correctly in schedules
New closure types
Predefined options for common closure types.
Note: Closures are displayed in Floor Plan. Closure types are generated correctly only if they are placed in a composite Wall with a proper skin composition.
- Variable Cavity Closure
- Plaster Reveal
- Insulated Reveal
- Insulation Closure for Renovation
- Finish Closure
- Air Space Closure
Better Documentation of Openings
- Doors and windows calculate and schedule their glazed surfaces (considering default material settings)
- Markers and stamps can read and display U-values defined by the opening’s listing parameters
- New Doors with one sidelight: door leaf is hinged on the sidelight side
New Door Leaf Types
- 25 new door leaf types:
Improvements for Doors with Sidelight
- Set a casing for doors with one or two sidelights, even those with a raised sidelight parapet (T-shaped and P-shaped doors).
- Horizontal division is available for doors’ sidelights. Divided parts can be designed with different sash and opening types.
- New doors with one sidelight: door leaf is hinged on the sidelight side.
Improved 2D Representation of Doors
- New opening line representation is available for doors: simple line, drawn at the axis of the door opening
- New arrow symbol on sliding doors
- Glazing of door leaves is shown on floor plan
More Parameters for Sliding Doors
Leaf overlapping and gap between door leaves can be set in sliding doors.
Basic Window improvements
Easier symmetric positioning of horizontal divisions
New Sash and Opening Types for Windows
- Solid panel is available for window sashes
- New opening type for basic windows: Reversible Horizontally.
Better Opening Symbol for Elevation and 3D
Opening lines fit to sash contour instead of glass contour.
- Doors and windows are the most frequently used elements of the ArchiCAD object library. The latest improvements are based on the most popular wishes of our customers and partners. With these developments, the door/window library have become more consistent, easier to use and compliant with local drafting and modeling standards.
- Newly introduced design options eliminate the need for any manual drafting on door/window detail drawings.