Those of you who use the automatic dimension markers in plan may have discovered the slight frustration in that the same markers are not available in elevation without manual placement.
A quick and simple way around this to place door and window markers that match your plan markers is as follows:
1. Open each elevation in turn and repeat the following sequence to place window markers(door markers are done in the same fashion)
2. With an elevation open and active, select all windows (activate the window tool and press Ctrl+A or Cmd+A).
3. Then, open the settings dialog and tick the Label Window option (screenshot below)
then, click ok.
you should then see that ArchiCAD places a label for every window on the current elevation.
4. select all the placed window labels you’ve just placed by going undo(Ctrl/Cmd z) and then re-do(Ctrl+Shift Z /Cmd +alt Z), then open the settings of the label tool to 5.
5. Change the Label type (screenshot below).
Change it to Curtain Wall DW Label.
6. Then go to the label marker settings(screenshot below) to set the characteristics of the marker to match your floor plan markers or customise as required for elevations.
Or if you have favourites set up, you can access your favourites from the button in the top left corner(screenshot below)
Note: This will require that your windows have their ID’s set correctly.