ArchiCAD 17 – New Feature: Link Element Height to Stories
In this series, we review on a daily basis, the new features of ArchiCAD 17.
Link Element Height to Stories
Enable the height of walls, columns and zones to be linked to a particular story: when the story position changes, the heights of the linked elements are automatically adjusted. This way, you do not have to manually adjust element heights every time the story height changes.
- Use a built-in Find and Select criteria set to locate any inverted elements (e.g. with a negative height) with a single click. Such elements are also highlighted on the plan for easy locating.
- You still have the option to input a fixed height, and to define a base elevation to a given reference level
- Option to retain or ignore toplinks in Hotlinked Modules
- Door/Window sills and headers can be linked to the top of the wall, not just to the bottom
- Automatically managed natural vertical connections among load-bearing elements
- Reduce the risk of modeling errors caused by story height changes
- Intelligent ArchiCAD model elements behave as you want them to
View the latest ArchiCAD 17 new feature videos: