ArchiCAD 17 – new feature: Automatic Model-Based Junctions
In this series, we review on a daily basis, the new features of ArchiCAD 17.
Automatic Model-Based Junctions
The ability to configure all construction elements so that when they intersect or collide, their display will accurately and automatically reflect their construction – particularly in section views, used as the basis for detail drawings. Most of the junctions of a section will look correct up to 1:50 scale.
Priority-Based Connections Available for All Construction Elements
Extend priority-based connections (currently available only for walls on the floor plan and to a limited degree in section) to all construction elements and composites, and column/beam profiles, in all model views, via the Building Material. Separate intersection priorities can be set for column veneer and core.
A revised interface simplifies these priority settings to make their input easier and the results more predictable.
Other Improvements for Better Junctions
- Eliminate common contour lines where construction elements meet, subject to Building Material
- Represent the T/L/X connections between walls based on their actual skin/component based connections.
- Symbolic representation of connections of any (normal/profiled) vertical columns and non-polygon walls on Floor Plan
- Improved dimensioning of structural components in section view – e.g. place dimensions at contour lines or separator lines, or at boundaries of core/finish skins
- More flexibility for displaying cut surfaces in Section views (consistent with 3D Document)
- Snap to composite separator or any visible edge in 3D as well as Floor Plan
- View results of skin-based connections in 3D
- Helping modeling interactions for Junctions: better manual editing options and new automated junction command from the Edit menu: Adjust Elements to Slabs
- Unprecedented level of accuracy in BIM modeling
- Real, live BIM models maintained throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Structurally correct details at any section of the model up to 1:50 scale or more
- Increased documentation productivity since less manual work is needed on detail drawings
- accurate quantity take-offs at any design stage
- Less model exchange needed with consultants since even the initial structural details are very precise