The following SADC based ArchiCAD experts have been accredited by GRAPHISOFT SA, in 2013 on ArchiCAD 17:
- Cecilia Smith (Namibia)
- Nuno Rosario (Mozambique)
- Mark Rowland (South Africa)
- Willem Viviers (Gauteng)
- Dean Naidoo (South Africa)
- André Strauss (South Africa)
The Graphisoft Registered Consultants Program provides a globally unique methodology to help architectural firms migrating from traditional 2D workflows to Building Information Modelling. Graphisoft have accredited 3 in-house staff members of TotalCAD SOLUTION CENTRE, to provide onsite and online implementation support for local firms.
The registered consultants at TotalCAD are all experienced ArchiCAD trainers, supporters and evaluators. They can assist you in any or all of the following 6 categories to improve your companies ArchiCAD productivity:
- Evaluation of Practice
- Human Resource evaluation
- Project Setup, Project Workflows
- Project Management
- Best Practices
“TEAM” GRAPHISOFT SA, a series of cycle event participations sponsored by GRAPHISOFT SA to support SADC ArchiCAD student exchange opportunities.
Join “Team” GRAPHISOFT SA as we cycle to create ArchiCAD student exchange opportunities.
- WHO: first and foremost, we need “committed weekend warriors”, average cyclists with no Olympic aspirations, to register for participation in 3 regional iconic cycling events, in the colours of GRAPHISOFT ArchiCAD
- WHAT: the cycling events that are being targeted are:
- WHY & HOW: other than for the pure pleasure of participation and ArchiCAD camaraderie, GRAPHISOFT SA are creating student exchange opportunities within the SADC region by means of ArchiCAD competitions within the educational curriculum and now by these sponsored events, how does it work:
- ArchiCAD User teams are created in each event region, yes, you must be an ArchiCAD user, or the certified employee of an ArchiCAD licensed company
- GRAPHISOFT SA will “sponsor” each ”Team” GRAPHISOFT SA participating cyclist, with GRAPHISOFT ArchiCAD branded cycling shirt and shorts, water bottle and goodie bag (containing 2 preparation race vouchers, plus your intended main race voucher and other general “fun stuff”)
- each race completed by “Team” GRAPHISOFT SA (that’s you), will see 1 student, selected from participating educational institutions (institutions who offer ArchiCAD as a formal component in their curriculum and who participate in the 2014 ArchiCAD Student Competition), sponsored for a 1 month exchange (travel, accommodation and remuneration, placed at a suitable ArchiCAD Key Client user office)
Do not delay, express your interest now. Due to the race entry logistics, spaces are limited to 8 per race.
We will start processing your participation application immediately, including your specification of your clothing size. Please specify male/female and sizes ranging from XS to XXL.
See you at a cycle race soon!
If you did not attend the 15th Annual ArchiCAD SADC Conference in Melrose Arch from 7-9 May 2013 and have not had the opportunity to see ArchiCAD 17 in action, DO NOT DESPAIR!
An online live seminar is being held on Tue, June 18, 2013 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM BST.
To register as an attendee for this seminar, visit the registration page here.
For walls and slabs: Option to assign a reference line-plane not just to either side of the wall, but also to either side of the wall’s core skin, or to the top/bottom of the slab core.
This way, when the user edits the wall or slab (e.g. adds skins or changes the thickness), the wall/slab core connections remain constant, and the elements’ positions relative to their reference line remain unchanged.
For example, walls can join slabs by connecting to the slab core, rather than the top of the slab finish. This feature is also useful when slabs are used for another purpose (such as a ceiling): the reference level can be placed at the slab bottom, rather than the top.
- Use the new Modify Wall Reference Line/Slab Reference Plane dialogs (replaces Wall Extras) to relocate reference line/plane without moving the geometry.
- Users have full control over the connection of composite elements in all directions in space
- The connection logic of composite skin layers can be managed and overviewed on an easy-to-understand graphical interface
- Intelligently connected composite elements automatically follow any changes of the design
- Manual rework on floor plan and section drawings is significantly reduced
For more video clips on ArchiCAD 17 core based reference line and other ArchiCAD 17 new features, visit the YouTube Channel.
ArchiCAD 17 will be the last version with Mac OS X 10.6 support.
ArchiCAD 17 is tested for Mac OS X 10.8 and 10.7. It is suitable to run on Mac OS X 10.6, but is not tested by GRAPHISOFT. Future versions of ArchiCAD, will not run on Mac OS X 10.6, as only case insensitive file-system volumes are supported.
Note: QuickTime 7 or later and Java 1.7.0 or later are required. You can find details here:
Note: ArchiCAD installer will automatically install QuickTime 7 and Java 1.7 if they are not present on your computer.
The following SA based ArchiCAD Trainers have been accredited by GRAPHISOFT SA, in 2013 for ArchiCAD 17 training only:
- MultiCAD Design Solution (WESTERN CAPE), Francois Swanepoel, email , web , skype: francois_mcd , mobile: +27 (0)74 319 1609 (Francois is a GRAPHISOFT REGISTERED CONSULTANT)
The trainers listed here, are accredited as follows exclusively:
- ArchiCAD certified training series 1 – 5
- trainers are certified to provide training anywhere in SA, under license of GRAPHISOFT SA for trainee certification
- trainers are certified to redeem GRAPHISOFT SA training coupons (sales and SSA linked)
For resellers with IT or technical support accreditation, refer to the SA Resellers – IT or Technical support lists here. For online technical support, refer to the GRAPHISOFT SA technical support page here.
As a license holder of ArchiCAD, you have made the decision to invest in a Quality Product…therefor you deserve Quality Service.
GRAPHISOFT SA have invested over the past 12 months in the development of a Quality Channel Structure, to offer you the best Quality Service throughout SADC. In future, when you make a service call, ensure that you are making that call to one of our Channel Partners, who displays one of the following logos, to ensure that you receive the Quality Service that you and your Quality product deserve:
Details of these service providers are available as follows: