Students at DUT will be getting an opportunity to register for their FREE ArchiCAD 18 Education version for use this year, at the DUT campus, S3, Level 5, at 12 noon.
Senzekile Mlambo, DUT ArchiCAD Campus Service Provider, firstname.lastname@example.org , 084 670 5467, will be manning the ArchiCAD student registration desk, with the Support of Dean Naidoo and Spha Dlamini of GRAPHISOFT SA. Providing architecture students at DUT with myarchicad.com registration (students registered on myarchicad.com, are entitled to the benefits of the Young ArchiCAD program when they qualify, including a 25% discount on their ArchiCAD Commercial license purchase in the future), a FREE copy of ArchiCAD Educational version valid for 1 year (renewable for the term of their study) and some awesome ArchiCAD Goodies.
All architecture students at DUT, will again this year have the opportunity to participate in the ArchiCAD Student completion. You can read more about the 2014 and 2013 competition entries and winners here. To read more about the 2015 competition, keep an eye on the 2015 Retreat here.
Good luck to all the prospective new ArchiCAD’ers, we hope you have a fantastic 2015 study year at DUT! Best wishes from the Team at GRAPHISOFT SA!
A design orientated, award-winning architecture firm, based in
Cape Town, working across a range of projects in the residential, leisure, education and commercial sectors are seeking a BIM Manager who will be supporting a team of 10-15 architects on various projects to create and maintain systems that support efficient information management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years production experience in design, drafting or engineering
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of current BIM versions with emphasis on project sheet setup
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a professional appearance
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
- Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
- Must have basic PC experience in windows environments, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, email, Web-enabled applications, and database software
- Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM
- Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently
Duties & Essential Job Function
- Manage software products including but not limited to incorporating new version releases and customisation of ArchiCAD
- Mange the implementation of supporting software for BIM
- Stay informed on best practices for use of ArchiCAD and BIM
- Stay informed on other BIM related software and how they work with ArchiCAD
- Installation and support of related BIM software
- Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation and enforcement
- Creation and maintenance of the software template files to assure standards
- Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions
- Automate routines in BIM to support standards and productivity of all shop drawings produced
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards
- Assess: evaluate the firms current workflow, strategies, projects, staffing etc.
- Plan: create a plan for implementation. Who are the team members, what is the project, what are the goals etc.
- Solve: Execute the plan, install the software, get templates created, get training, do the pilot project, etc.
- Confirm: Be able to demonstrate the company’s BIM success by evaluating goals that were established in Assess Phase.
- Internal Training: Provide ArchiCAD fundamental and Intermediate training to staff
- Conduct internal continuing education on ArchiCAD training sessions
- Provide technical orientation to New Hires regarding BIM tools
- Test new hires skills in BIM
- Maintain high level of competency of software through continued use and training
- Attend conferences, seminars and workshops for BIM; bringing back learning and disseminating the information to appropriate teams
- Assist on project work – modelling and detailing
- Assist project teams in BIM project setup
- Create ArchiCAD families in response to project need
- Help resolve BIM design issues
- Coordinate needed hardware upgrades with IT Communicate with subcontractors to receive, coordinate and update all electron models
- Linking BIM to the project Construction Administration Phase for submissions, construction models, shop drawings and schedules
Liaison for BIM process with:
- Future planning for potential uses of BIM
- Sustainable Design
- 3D Renderings
- Facilities Management
- Cost Estimating
- Specification Management
- Integrated Project Delivery
- Digital Prototyping and Digital Fabrication
Applicants must be Level 5 ArchiCAD operators, with a minimum of 5 years ArchiCAD medium to large project working experience.
To apply, submit your CV to GRAPHISOFT, for ArchiCAD level user verification. There are 3 levels of testing that will need to be passed at a minimum of 70%.