The next generation of BIMx Docs is available. Offering access to a wider range of tablet devices, previously only for iOS devices such as the iPad, BIMx Docs is now available from Google Play, for the welcome addition of Android devices.
The ease of use, full model access and complete documentation mobility, which BIMx offers, has further been enhanced, by the addition of CLOUD based partial updates. According to GRAPHISOFT.COM: “With a direct link to the BIM project in ArchiCAD, BIMx Docs offers a very smooth and easy communication workflow with stakeholders outside the office environment. GRAPHISOFT’s cloud-based BIMx Transfer Service makes sure you get the latest updates fast and effectively.”
Review BIMx Hyper Model functionality here, to see the impressive and fluid presentation and documentation navigation functionality of BIMx Docs, to be used for your and your consulting team’s understanding of your next building project.
What are local architects saying about BIMx?
Compatibility notes on ArchiCAD and Mac OS X 10.10 have been released, Users are urged to read this before performing the upgrade. There may be issues which can affect the workflow, for instance, after the new OS X upgrade BIMx desktop users can not run this app until the first compatibility upgrade for ArchiCAD has been released.
List of Compatible and Supported ArchiCAD Versions:
- ArchiCAD 17,
- ArchiCAD 18 and their connected products. ( BIMcloud, BIMx, BIM Server Manager)
NB: BIMx desktop can not run until the first compatibility upgrade for ArchiCAD has been released.
Compatible, But Not Supported Versions
- ArchiCAD 13
- ArchiCAD 14
- ArchiCAD 15
- ArchiCAD 16
The above mentioned versions can run on the new version of Mac OS X 10.10, but there is no technical support for operating system specific problem.
- ArchiCAD 12 and older versions cannot run on OS X 10.10 due to technical limitations. (The ArchiCAD 10 file converter package has been updated to work well with OS X 10.9+)
But if the user feels the need to upgrade to a new OS X version, Please take note of the following checklist.
- Study the Graphisoft article for any known issues, difficulties
- Back up all of your ArchiCAD / BIMcloud / BIM Server specific data before upgrading the operating system
- Export all BIM Server Projects, Users, Roles in case these backups will be needed
- Make sure that you have a copy (source folder) of all BIMcloud BIM Server libraries
- Allow yourself enough time for the upgrade, do not upgrade the OS close to a deadline
- Install all current operating system updates and ArchiCAD updates prior to the upgrade
- Return all borrowed licenses
- Upgrade the operating system
- Install all updates for the new system
Before upgrading, please find detailed information on compatibility and known issues which may affect workflow on the following link: http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/operating-systems/mac-os-x-10-10-yosemite/